Manitou Springs Kiwanis is part of an international organization. We belong to Division 4 in the Rocky Mountain District, which is a District within Kiwanis International. A typical Kiwanis Club is a snapshot of its community, with members from all walks of life and at every step of life’s ladder.
The Kiwanis Club of Manitou Springs was chartered in 1921. Members work together to raise money for local charities that help children and young adults. 100% of all funds raised for charities are spent on charities.
Service projects are often linked to the Kiwanis Program, “Young Children: Priority One”. This initiative places continuing focus on the needs of children in pediatric trauma, safety, child care, early development, infant health, nutrition, and parenting skills.
Our Mission is “To Serve the Children of the World”
• To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
• To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
• To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
• To develop, by precept and example, more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
• To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
• To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.