Rules for the Pie Baking Contest
- NO STORE BOUGHT PIES.
- Competitors must provide TWO of the same kind of HOMEMADE pie.
- Pies may NOT contain dairy or cream. (Butter is OK) Cream/dairy pies are not eligible for consumption or judging.
- Pie diameter must be greater than 8 inches.
- Bakers must deliver pies to Soda Springs Park between 4:00-4:30 pm to compete.
- Judging begins promptly at 5:00 pm.
- All judge’s decisions are FINAL.
- This is a FUN competition! There is no entry fee.
- Prizes are awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place for both “Kid” (14 and under) and “Adult” divisions. Pies are judged on overall appearance, creativity, taste, and texture.
- Once judging has finished pie slices are available for purchase by pie lovers of Manitou Springs. Bakers get a free ticket to try any pie!
- Winners will be announced and sent to all local media.
- Collect pie plates at the end of the Ice Cream Social OR for one week after the event at 354 Manitou Ave., 80829. Pie plates left after one week may be donated.