Manitou Springs offers a great place to be active, enabling visitors and residents to optimize and maintain their well-being through healthy habits and activities. Residents and visitors will experience the following attributes of the Manitou Springs community:
- Physical Safety: walkable community, activities, swimming pool, outdoor recreational activities.
- Natural Environment: numerous parks and trails for bikes and hikes, a strong sense of stewardship, and sensitivity to creating a sustainable environment.
- Sense of Community: participation in community, intentional engagement, accommodate handicapped.
- Rich History: awareness of history of healing and historical practices.
Manitou Springs has numerous health and well being assets to offer as well, including:
- Mineral Springs tours and self guided walks
- Numerous trails including Barr Trail & the Manitou Incline
- Bike trail
- Community gardens
- Many yoga activities and practitioners
- Program for kids – throughout the schools, summer programs, summer arts
- Outdoor adventure including zip-lines and Cave of the Winds “Wind Walker”
- Indoor swimming pool, spa and fitness center
- Weekly running and biking clubs
- Nearby rock climbing in the Garden of the Gods park
- Mineral Springs pools and soaking tubs (Fall, 2014)
- Wellness and healing practitioners
Come visit Manitou Springs and be active!