Bighorn Sheep Day
An indoor festival celebrating the majestic Bighorn Sheep of Garden of the Gods! There will be educational and fun booths set up throughout the Visitor Center by our many partners listed below. Nature walks and nature presentations will occur throughout the day in the Red Rocks Room. Costumed characters will walk about the center for pictures as well as a live animal presentation by Nature’s Educators! To top it all off, there will be a wildlife viewing station set up on the terrace of the Visitor Center to enjoy seeing our herd of Bighorn Sheep!
Schedule for the day:
- 10:30 & 11:15 am Interactive Bighorn Survival Game for Youth 6+ and Adults.
- 12:00 pm Bighorn Sheep of the Garden of the Gods
- 1:00 pm Colorado Natives, Live Animal Program by Nature’s Educators
- 2:15 pm Rampart Range Bighorns (our local heard)
Partners include: Visit Colorado Springs, Colorado Parks & Wildlife, Nature’s Educators, Bear Creek Nature Center, National Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Field Institute, GoG Foundation, Friends of Garden of the Gods, City of Colorado Springs Cultural Services & Pikes Peak.
- “A Tribute to the Unser Family-Kings of the Hill”
- Nov 06 2022 - May 28 2023
- 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm